Clifton Suspension Bridge
01. Clifton Suspension Bridge
A 'building' very close to my heart- this gorge is where I started climbing!
02. Me sitting on top of the chains on the Clifton side
The views were amazing and it was a great experience- especially because the sun came out!
03. Some gert lush bolts!
04. Jonathan interviewing the 'Bridge Master' David.
We were up in the chains housing at this point, with all the rush hour traffic trundling beneath us.
05. The damp but pretty view
over Bristol from the chain housing.
06. The climb up the Leigh Woods Tower.
It was an early morning one and was very windy and chilly but we were rewarded with lovely light and I had a great view of my early climbing years stomping ground- The Avon Gorge
07. Family viewing!
Mum, Ali (sister), Jake and Oli (nephews) came to watch in time for our big abseil under the bridge.
08. Under the bridge on the gantry
I'm excited about the prospect of our tyrolean and giant abseil. Probably one of the biggest of the series.
09. Intrepid heading out on the tyrolean before the long abseil
10. An observer wondering what on earth is going on!
11. J-Fo looking unbelievably laid back in a very exposed position
12. Ollie (the rigger!)
Getting the ropes down for us on the gigantic abseil. That's Suspension Bridge Buttress in the background, home of many quality routes to go at.
13. Jonathan making the exposed traverse
to our lofty perch on top of the chains with Intrepid Burton doing his thing
14. Tim in his uncomfortable position
for the safety requirements of the chains piece