St.Pancras Station, London
01. The external we climbed on the hotel of St.Pancras
02. J-Fo doing his thing
03. You can just about see us descending the clock tower
Oh, those dreaded slates- quite nerve wracking.
04. The nightmare that is a slate roof.
This is the clock tower and it was a very careful abseil- I had to go down on my knees!
05. The rather nice clock that we passed.
06. Two of our ever-safe 'riggers'- Jim and Stew
At the top of the windy clock tower
07. A funky view of the roof of St.Pancras train shed
08. Jonathan giving a piece to camera on the tower
09. Looking down at Chris and Norman (wallwalkers)
They were rigging the tyrolean between the hotel and the station
10. Me and Intrepid
feeling relieved to have safely passed the slates
11. The massive statue inside the station
I quite liked it, especially the carvings at the bottom around the base- I think I was in a minority though!
12. Our last climb was in the roof of the shed and it was amazing-
so vast. And we actually climbed up the girders which were really dirty but it was great fun
13. Me lovin' it in the roof
14. J-Fo getting down and dirty in the girders
I think he quite enjoyed it!
15. Intrepid having one of his nervous moments
16. My view of our final abseil
We landed almost on top of Betjeman's statue.