01. The start of the journey, a wee stop for the girls on the way down.
02. Me looking as grim as I felt on my first day in Spain.
03. New Spanish super crag, Oliana.
04. It didn't matter which way I rotated this picture- it just doesn't make sense.
It's Ste Mac doing some weird figure of four on an f8a at Oliana.
05. Margalef- a sociable evening in my van.
We have: Me, Kodo, Christian, Renato and Steini.
06. Kodo and Christian becoming very good friends
07. Is this the picture of ecstasy?
08. Shall we do breakfast? Love to...
Neil and Ruth breakfasting in style.
09. Parking and occasional camping spot up at Espadelles.
There are some great views from here with lovely sunsets.
10. The village of Margalef.
It's got a lovely little rifugio for anyone who wants to stay.
11. Norwegian Steini and his movable abode.
Which he did uproot every day.
12. The short but very steep cave of 'El Laboratori'
Home to Dave Macleod's f8c solo
13. We were fortunate to see super strong Basque climber Iker Pou working a project.
A possible f9a/f9a+. Whichever it looked desperate with lots of monos.
14. A not unusual lovely Margalef sunset
This was to be my last night there, in fact I took this on the drive over to Monsant.
15. Good Morning Monsant.
Steini and I were welcomed to Monsant by the sun and great views, it was my last day, boo hoo!
16. And this was one of the views- right nice, as they say in Yorshire.
17. The impressive crag of Raco de Missa at Monsant.
The f8b+ that I tried is at the right hand side of the steep wall.
18. Kodo enjoying the sun on our last day at Monsant.
19. Me on the journey home.
This was an overnight stop after the border of Spain and just after this photo was taken I was stopped and searched by the french customs. In fact it happened twice on the way home.
20. The impressive bridge above Millau.
This area is home to the Gorge du Tarn and where I took Kodo to the vet to get her pet passport certified to get her back to the UK.
21. It was a snowy drive in places, quite nice actually.
22. There's not much for a dog to do on a long journey.
Kodo was very good as usual and took the sleeping option.
23. A few images of me redpointing 'Batuka' f8b. More to come later.
Courtesy of Thomas Oestby
Margalef, Spain- December 2008. . Most of the images were taken by myself.